Water Damage Causes
There are many causes of water damage. Below is a list of common causes of water related loss:
- Broken PipeWasher Overflows
- Water Heater Overflow
- Rising Water from Flooding
- Roof Leaks
- Water from a Broken Window
- Toilet or Bathtub Overflow
- Air Conditioner Drip Pan Overflow
- Broken Appliance Hoses
- Fire Related Water Damage
These are a few of the many ways a SERVPRO customer may experience a water damage. SERVPRO of Bellaire customers know who to call when they experience a water loss. The team is specially trained to properly handle water loss damage.
Until you experience a water related loss you may not realize how important it is to hire a water damage specialist, but SERVPRO of Bellaire is trusted by insurance agents and property owners across Houston, TX and they are always ready to help you get back to life, "Like it never even happened." after you experience a loss.
Water Damage Event
Removing Any Water Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Bellaire provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
“Faster to any size disaster.”
Flooding and water damage are very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Bellaire arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 713-266-9294
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Bellaire
SERVPRO of Bellaire specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Threats Associated with Water Damage
You may not think about the health threats after experiencing a water related loss, but FEMA warns, "During flood cleanup, you may think the air quality inside your home would be the least of your problems. But standing water and wet materials are a breeding ground for microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria and mold. They can cause disease and allergic reactions and continue to damage the home and your health long after the flood"
When you experience a water loss it is important to consider the potential health hazards present and allow a company like SERVPRO of Bellaire assist with the cleanup, so you do not experience health threats which can go unnoticed, as mold and bacteria often hide behind walls and cabinets. Storm and water specialists like those at SERVPRO of Bellaire are trained to spot risks and eliminate them.
Water Damage: Mold can Grow Within 24-48 Hours
It is extremely important to have a reputable company like SERVPRO of Bellaire handle water damage, as the threat of potentially hazardous mold can develop as soon as 24-48 hours after the original water damage.
When a water loss occurs, humidity levels are high. The team at SERVPRO of Bellaire uses specialized equipment like dehumidifiers to dry properties and reduce the humidity levels. This is an extremely important part of cleanup after water damage.
Normal drying methods are simply not enough to reduce the humidity levels in a home after a major water loss. Mold is able to grow behind cabinets, walls and under flooring quickly, so the threat has to be handled by professionals who know how to properly dry flooring, walls, and other fixtures in the property.
Mold? Signs of Water Problems?
Long term moisture problem example.
If you have had any long-term moisture problems in your house it's usually inevitable, they will lead to mold beginning to grow. So, if you know you've had some water problems in your home then it's a pretty good sign you could have mold.
Some signs that you have a moisture problem include water stains or discoloration on walls, floors or ceilings in your house. Seeing these could be a clue that there is mold growing within or behind the material.
Another sign of a moisture problem is surface abnormalities like peeling, bubbling or cracking of the paint or wallpaper. If your walls are bowed, bulging or warped it probably means moisture has gotten into them. Another clue is if the surface of walls or other materials feel damp.
Call SERVPRO of Bellaire 713-266-9294.
What is Black Water Damage?
Example of Black Water Damage.
Black water is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death if ingested and any contact should be avoided. In addition, black water has come in contact with the ground or surfaces that contain:
- raw sewage
- Treat all water-impacted surfaces and furnishings as toxic, until properly decontaminated.
- Wash your hands frequently to prevent further contamination
- Keep children and pets out of contaminated areas.
- Attempt to decontaminate surfaces with sprays and over-the-counter germicidal products, which may not fully disinfect contaminated surfaces.
Call SERVPRO of Bellaire immediately at 713-266-9294 and let the trained and licensed professionals ensure proper clean up and decontamination. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Does Your Home Have a Mold Problem?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Houston, TX: Commercial Customers Thankful for SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Bellaire works with many commercial customers on jobs of all types and sizes. Recently, we received a call from a commercial customer, but this particular job was a bit different, as 70,000 sq. ft of the upscale complex in Houston, TX were affected.
- The property was damaged by water sprinkles that turned on due to a false fire alarm, which was set off by accident. The sprinklers caused significant water damage to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.
- During situations like this commercial customers appreciate that SERVPRO is ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond. When faced with a property loss commercial customer who have SERVPRO's contact information are prepared to face the situation and minimize the financial risk they potentially face.
- SERVPRO is a committed leader in the industry and is respected and recognized nationwide for offering excellent service. When SERVPRO of Bellaire receives a call from a commercial customer they are committed to helping that customer, get their property back to the preloss condition, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO: Helping Business Owners Get Back to Business After A Loss
SERVPRO of Bellaire is committed to helping commercial customers get back to normal as quickly as possible after they have faced a loss.
Types of losses commercial customers could possibly experience are, fire damage, water damage, storm damage, vandalism, biohazard contamination, and many others. It is imperative that business owners call experts in the industry to help them restore the property to the preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Bellaire has helped many businesses in and around the city, when they have faced the unthinkable. The professional team is dedicated to providing the best possible service. Understanding the situation, the business owner is in, is important and the team knows they play a key role in that business reopening.
The faster a business is able to re-open after experiencing a loss the more likely they are to succeed. SERVPRO of Bellaire takes pride in helping business owners in Houston and the surrounding areas succeed even after experiencing a loss, "Like it never even happened."
Residents: Follow these Mold Safety Tips if You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bellaire for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Bellaire specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.